This project is read-only.

Created app packages not loading

Sep 21, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Hi I've been taking a look at WAT and everything was running relatively fine when I build direct from VS Express or run in Debug mode.

However trying to build a package and then run it on another computer keeps failing. The loading page comes up but then is immediately minimized, and the web app never actually loads in it.

I've found this is happening even if I just use the default template exactly as it is, ie:
  1. Create a new project using the WAT
  2. Run the 8.1 app in Debug mode (note it works)
  3. Go to Store -> Create App Package and choose 'no'
  4. Create the package, install the certificate and run the PowerShell script to install it
Has anyone else seen this? and any idea on what might be causing it?
Nov 13, 2014 at 8:21 AM
I have exact same issue - investigating now.
Nov 13, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Solved it!

The file "wat-wrapper.html" had gotten different char encoding than UTF-8.
Converted it to UTF-8 (using notepad++) and now it runs fine after "create packages" and install.
Nov 14, 2014 at 1:27 AM
Brilliant, thanks andy. Seems to be working fine after that.
Nov 14, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Hi Guys, we have had the file encoding issue from time to time our selves, and found out that as we took code commits from folks in different regions we sometimes pulled in files with Western European encoding. I'll take a look at the current build and make sure it didn't happen again. Sorry if it did!
Just FYI, if your using VS, when you have a file open, you can actually just do a save as, then there is a little drop down icon inside the save button, you can use that to choose "save with encoding" and then choose UTF8, makes it easy.
Can't wait to see the apps when they are done, please tweet them to me @boyofgreen
Thanks,
jeff
Nov 14, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Thanks for the info Jeff.

I created a blank app from the template and that does not have the issue, something has happened down the line in our code base.
I'll investigate, someday... :)

L8r!
Nov 19, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Sorry to hear that. Let me know if you narrow into the problem, file encoding has been a bit of a learning experience for me as well