This project is read-only.

WAT Header on WP8.1 Universal App

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:55 AM
Edited Nov 12, 2014 at 4:56 AM
Hello,

Just wanted to say great template, thanks for your work on it.

I just have a question please. I've built a responsive website and want to use your template to wrap the site and get them into the app store :)

With the WAT Header I actually want to hide it in both apps as I'm happy with the how the website works over various devices and screen sizes.

Everything is working as I need on the Windows 8.1 side, but on the WP8.1 side it appears that the WAT Header setting changed to false doesn't turn off the WAT header as it does on the Windows 8.1 version.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.
Adam Smith
Nov 14, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Hey Adam,
What version fo the template are you using? I think we have a bug like that back in 2.0, but has since been fixed. Are you able to move to 2.2 (current version?) If not, let me know and I'll dig out the fix and send it to you.
Can't wait to see the app, tweet me when your in the store @boyofgreen.

Thanks,
Jeff
Nov 15, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I had the latest version already, so I've setup a new project and started with a minimal config.json file and it's working correctly now. :)

I'm so sorry to have bothered you, but I appreciate your help.

PS. No worries, I'll let you know when my apps are up!

Thanks again
Adam
Nov 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Edited Nov 15, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Sorry Jeff,

I'm wondering if you could help with something else please.

With the new VS 2013 Community version coming out I decided to reload my system, which I've done and I've installed (turning all installation options on) the Community version.

After I've gone back to my template, but now get a Javascript error when you try and pin a site or share via the charms or icon. It also happens with a clean template, and adding these options.

Image Here

I've checked the internet for a fix but have had no luck.

Would you have any suggestions?

Thanks again,
Adam
Nov 15, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Hi Jeff,

I found something else that may help

link to image here

The error says: The specified property name "$schema" is not valid according to the schema.

Thanks
Adam

Sorry, as you may has guessed I pretty new to all this :)
Nov 19, 2014 at 5:58 PM
Hey Adam,
I'm going to look into this, it's possible the new version doesn't support the custom intelicense. If you remove that line from the config, does that fix it for you? I'll look into this .
Nov 22, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Edited Nov 22, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Yes the app still runs fine, so all good from that prospective. :)

NB. It still runs fine with them in also until those functions are used (pin or share), if this helps.

Thanks again.
Adam